Cubed tofu and a rainbow of fresh vegetables (bell pepper, poblano, zucchini, red onion and cherry tomatoes) are used to make these grilled Vegetable Tofu Skewers. Simply construct the kebabs, cover them with a spicy, herbaceous chimichurri sauce, and cook them until the edges are browned and crispy. Simple, healthful, and scrumptious.
For the skewers
- 14 oz (400g) firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 8-10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
For the chimichurri sauce
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (adjust according to your spice preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chimichurri sauce – parsley, cilantro, garlic, shallot, red wine vinegar, olive oil, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside to let the flavors meld.
- Thread the tofu, bell peppers, zucchini, and red onion onto the skewers, alternating the vegetables and tofu.
- Lightly brush the skewers with olive oil to prevent sticking to the grill.
- Place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the tofu is lightly browned.
- Once cooked, remove the skewers from the grill and allow them to cool slightly.
- Serve the grilled vegetable tofu skewers with the chimichurri sauce on the side for dipping or drizzle the sauce over the skewers before serving.
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 240mg