Dinner is complete with this umami-rich dish! This one-pan green curry fried rice takes about 20 minutes to prepare. The ideal way to repurpose leftover rice! Say hello to this amazing dish, which is packed with robust flavour and nicely seasoned vegetables.
- 2 cups cooked rice (white or brown rice, preferably cooled)
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (such as bell peppers, peas, carrots, and broccoli), chopped
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (for a gluten-free option)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro or basil leaves for garnish
- Lime wedges (optional, for serving)
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the green curry paste to the skillet and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the mixed vegetables and cook for a few minutes until they are slightly tender.
- Pour in the coconut milk and soy sauce (or tamari) into the skillet. Stir to combine everything well.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet, breaking up any clumps with a spatula or fork. Mix the rice thoroughly with the curry sauce and vegetables.
- Cook the green curry fried rice for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is heated through and well-coated with the curry sauce.
- Taste the fried rice and adjust the seasoning with more soy sauce or salt if needed.
- Once the fried rice is ready, remove the skillet from the heat.
- Serve the green curry fried rice hot, garnished with fresh cilantro or basil leaves, and lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the rice (optional).
- Calories: 350 kcal
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 500mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 6g