Do you currently have a lot of wonderful vegetables in your refrigerator? You can make these simple and amazing (any) veggie dumplings somewhat different each time by grabbing a little piece of each.
For the green chive dumpling wrappers:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the mushroom, cabbage, and black sesame filling:
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- To make the dumpling wrappers, mix together the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the chopped chives and mix well.
- Slowly add the water and mix until a dough forms. Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, make the filling. In a pan, sauté the chopped mushrooms and cabbage until they are softened. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and black sesame seeds to the pan and mix well. Let the filling cool.
- Roll out the dumpling dough on a floured surface until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a round cookie cutter or the rim of a glass to cut out circles from the dough.
- Place a spoonful of the filling in the center of each circle.
- Fold the circle in half and press the edges together to seal the dumpling. You can use a fork to press the edges together, or crimp the edges to create a decorative edge.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- To cook the dumplings, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the dumplings and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they float to the surface.
- Drain the dumplings and serve with soy sauce or another dipping sauce of your choice.
Serving size: 4 dumplings
Saturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 359mg Total Carbohydrates: 26g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 1g Protein: 5g