An easy method for dried goji berries that only requires a few basic ingredients may be made in 10 minutes. Thanks to superfoods like goji berries and cacao nibs, these delectable no-bake goji berry energy balls are nutrient-dense and taste great.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut or seed butter of your choice)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (for a vegan option)
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Additional shredded coconut or crushed nuts for rolling (optional)
- In a food processor, combine the rolled oats, almond butter, honey (or maple syrup), goji berries, ground flaxseed, unsweetened shredded coconut, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt if desired.
- Pulse the mixture until it starts to come together and is well combined. If it’s too dry, you can add a little more almond butter or honey/maple syrup to help bind the ingredients.
- Once the mixture has reached the right consistency, use your hands to roll it into bite-sized balls. You can make them as small or as large as you like.
- Optional: Roll the energy balls in additional shredded coconut or crushed nuts for extra texture and flavor.
- Place the goji berry balls on a tray or plate and refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Once they’ve chilled and set, transfer the energy balls to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. They can be kept for about a week.
- Calories: 100-120
- Total Fat: 5-7g
- Saturated Fat: 1-2g
- Sodium: 0-10mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12-15g
- Dietary Fiber: 2-3g
- Sugars: 5-7g
- Protein: 3-4g