This fruity and creamy bread topping tastes aromatic and provides good satiating fiber and protein. The figs score with provitamin A, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium.
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 fresh figs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Toast the bread slices in a toaster or toaster oven until crispy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond butter, cocoa powder, protein powder, almond milk, honey, and sea salt until well combined.
- Spread the chocolate almond butter mixture onto the toast.
- Arrange the sliced figs on top of the chocolate almond butter.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 350
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 38g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 23g