This Vegan Cherry Clafoutis puts juicy, luscious cherries centre stage. The ingredients are combined, then placed into a pie plate. Sprinkle the cherries and bake until they are set. This easy-to-make custard is delicious and will wow your visitors.
- ¾ oz vegan butter melted
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 lbs of cherries, pitted
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of almond meal
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1 pinch salt
- 11 oz pack organic silken tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp confectioners’ sugar, sifted, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) round baking dish with vegan butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and cherries until the cherries are coated with sugar. Pour the cherries into the prepared baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, almond meal, flax meal, and salt.
- In a blender, combine the silken tofu, almond or oat milk, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the tofu mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Pour the batter over the cherries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before dusting with confectioners’ sugar and serving.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 203
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 78mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 6g