Before baking, we arrange the fruit on top of the batter in our classic southern-style peach cobbler. The sweet batter rises through the peaches in the oven, creating a light and airy cake-like topping. We left the peaches unpeeled to add colour and make the recipe even simpler. Serve with vanilla ice cream for a refreshing summer dessert.
- 4 cups sliced peaches (fresh or canned, drained)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon (if using).
- Add the milk and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the melted butter until the batter is smooth.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and spread the sliced peaches evenly in the bottom.
- Pour the batter over the peaches, gently spreading it to cover the fruit.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Calories: 280 kcal
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 311mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 40g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 26g
- Protein: 3g