Only four ingredients are required to make these Crescent Rolls with Cheese and Garlic, and they can be created in about 15 minutes. These have a strong garlic flavour and are cheesy.
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110-115°F)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray or additional melted butter for greasing and brushing
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast.
- Add the warm milk, melted butter, and egg. Mix until a shaggy dough forms.
- Knead the dough by hand or with a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment for 5-7 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then flatten each ball into a triangle shape.
- Roll up each triangle from the wide end to the tip and place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Cover the rolls with a clean kitchen towel and let them rise for another 15-20 minutes.
- Brush the rolls with melted butter or cooking spray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Servings per recipe: 12 Serving (size: 1 roll)
- Calories: 166
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 277mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 4g