Everything you love about fall is present in this gorgeously coloured and textured vegan spinach and fig salad. It’s incredibly easy to make and takes only 30 minutes to prepare. Great for food preparation or weight loss, too!
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed (450 g)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup dry quinoa (170 g), rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach (120 g)
- 3 medium figs, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage (140 g), thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh parsley (14 g), roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 batch blueberry dressing
- Preheat your oven to 375°F/190°C and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Toss the butternut squash cubes with dried thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper, then transfer them to the prepared baking sheet. Roast for around 20 minutes until the butternut squash is tender and lightly golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions. Once done, set aside.
- Put all of the ingredients for the dressing in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Get two serving bowls, place the cooked quinoa at the bottom and layer with fresh spinach, figs, onion, red cabbage and parsley.
- Toss to combine and top with roasted butternut squash. Drizzle with the creamy blueberry dressing and garnish with more fresh blueberries if you like! Enjoy.
Nutrition facts (per serving, serves 2):
- Calories: 443
- Total Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 91mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 12g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 8g