Love coffee in all forms? If so, you’ll adore this recipe for dairy-free coffee ice cream! When it is turned into a coffee ice cream bar, it is much better! On a steamy summer day, this decadent vegan dessert is undoubtedly the best way to experience the flavours of bittersweet coffee.
Coffee Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the instant coffee granules and whole milk. Stir until the coffee granules are fully dissolved.
- Add the heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt to the coffee-infused milk. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved, and the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, usually around 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to a lidded container, cover the surface with plastic wrap or parchment paper to prevent ice crystals from forming, and put the lid on.
- Place the container in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until the ice cream is firm.
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Total Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Total Carbohydrates: 16g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 14g (naturally occurring from milk and sugar)
- Protein: 2g
Coffee Ice Cream Bars
- 2 cups Coffee Ice Cream (from the above recipe)
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable oil (optional, for smoother chocolate coating)
- Line a small baking dish or pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal later.
- Spread the coffee ice cream evenly in the lined pan. You can use a spatula to smooth the surface.
- Place the pan in the freezer and let it freeze for at least 2 hours or until the ice cream is solid.
- Once the ice cream is firm, remove it from the pan using the parchment paper overhang, and cut it into bars of your desired size.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or on a stovetop, melt the chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate with the coconut oil (if using) until smooth and fully melted.
- Dip each coffee ice cream bar into the melted chocolate, coating it evenly.
- Place the coated bars on a parchment-lined tray and return them to the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to set the chocolate coating.
- Calories: 180 kcal
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 19g (naturally occurring from ice cream and chocolate)
- Protein: 2g