For a nutritious summer treat, try this high-protein chocolate chickpea ice cream with peanut butter swirls! This no-churn recipe just needs six readily available ingredients, takes ten minutes to prepare, and is extremely healthy.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut
- Place the chickpeas, almond milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer.
- If using an ice cream maker, once the ice cream reaches a soft-serve consistency, transfer it to a freezer-safe container. If not using an ice cream maker, freeze the mixture for about 4-6 hours or until firm, stirring every 1-2 hours to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Once the ice cream is fully frozen, remove it from the freezer and let it soften slightly for a few minutes before serving.
- Scoop the Chocolate Chickpea Ice Cream into bowls or cones and add your desired toppings, such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut.
- Calories: 160
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 6g