These gluten-free cheesy courgette and turmeric potato cakes are so easy and delicious to make and will blow your mind.
- kg Potatoes
- Courgettes medium
- Ultimate Turmeric Cheese Sauce
- tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves
- tsp Nutmeg
- tbsp Fresh Mint
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Wash the potatoes very well, prick the skin with a fork, arrange into a glass bowl with a spalsh of water and microwave for 20 minutes at 800W. Allow to rest for 10 minutes without opening the microwave door.
- Remove the potatoes from the microwave, and carefully peel the skin off while they’re still warm.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, then mash until smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- Finely chop the garlic and slice the courgettes to a 3 mm thick slices. Add to a pan with olive oil and sauté until cooked thoroughly (around 20 minutes). Turn off the heat, add some chopped mint, give it a last stir and allow to cool.
- Once cool, combine the courgettes with the turmeric cheesy sauce.
- Divide the mash potato into 8. Roll each portion into balls, then flat the potato mixture with the palm of your hands onto a sheet of baking paper.
- Scoop the turmeric and courgette filling onto 4 discs. Carefully, place the other disc on top of the base and filling, and seal well the edges.
- Heat 1/2 inch of vegetable oil into a pan. Fry the potato cakes on each side for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Transfer the potato cakes on a plate with kitchen paper to absorbe the excess of oil.
- Serve immediately for oozy filling.
- Calories: 243kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 1308mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 213IU
- Vitamin C: 67mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- Iron: 2mg