Crispy quesadillas stuffed with beans, bell pepper, avocado, sautéed onions, and loads of cheese. These delicious avocado black bean quesadillas are filling and make a great vegetarian meal too!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- In a large skillet, cook the red onion and bell pepper until tender.
- Add the black beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir well to combine.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the beans are heated through.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Divide the black bean mixture evenly among 2 tortillas, spreading it out in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of each tortilla, then top with the remaining 2 tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Cook each quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Sodium: 662mg
- Carbohydrates: 45.3g
- Fiber: 10.5g
- Sugar: 4.4g
- Protein: 18.6g